Hannah Overman Koch

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Defining Moment

The alarm had not gone off yet, but her mind was already restless.  She still had her eyes closed, dreaming the same ole dreams of art grandeur and pure creative bliss, yet she felt something different stirring within her.  She waited, as she always did, for those fears of inadequateness and severe inhibitions to squash her dreaming and bring her back to her reality of living without art everyday.  But this morning, she knew was unique, the fears never came.  She decided then and there, to fight to be seen and heard and once she made that incredible leap forward, she would never have to regret looking back.  For the first time ever, she truly allowed herself to believe that using her talents, was going to be her destiny.  It was only then that she realized how deep her passion for art ran within her and she was thrilled realizing her lifework would be unraveling each handmade piece…

How easy would that have been?  Just a simple defining moment in time, to get a grip and move right into your artistic endeavors.  I wish!  For me personally, it has been a series of small events and small accomplishments, and motivation from my family and friends that have brought me to this point.  I am excited to start this blog saying that, although I may not be like the above lady completely free of all inhibitions, I have come pretty far personally.  So, with this first posting, I say art is my passion, I am proud of my work and yes I think I am a talented artist!  There I said it, I feel so much better.  Now that we have that out of the way, I am excited to share so many things with you, my ideas, artwork and other thoughts that may occur.  So, until my next posting, thanks for taking an artist holiday with confidence!

hannah

1 comment:

  1. Your off and running! Be you and it will all work out! I'll have us as in PCS Nov/Dec issue on my blog in a few days. will also mention your new blog and Etsy store.
    Great first post!
    xxxx,
    jill

    ReplyDelete